Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tell about an Embarrassing Moment

Where do I start.  I can remember a time when I sent a love note to the area vice president of the company I worked for. 

Before you get any ideas, let me explain.  I was sending an email to my wife, Jennifer.  There was nothing in the note that was questionable.  I started the email by addressing her as "Sweetheart".  It was a normal note, mentioning something about the day and I finished it the same way I finish all of my emails.  I wrote, "I love you." and signed it ,"Forever in Love, Joel".

Once I pressed the send button, I noticed the name on the sent to box was the name of our area vice president.  I started to panic.  One of the biggest reasons for my panic was because I had only been working there for about 3 days and I was not versed in the functions of the email server.  I desperately needed to know how to retract an email.  I fumbled my way around the page and asked another person in the room if they knew how to retract an email.  I figured it out in a few minutes and pulled the email back.

I do not know if the email was ever read by our area vice president.  I f he read it, he never told me about it.  I learned a very valuable lesson that day; always check who you are sending an email to before you press the send button.

No comments: